dailydraught

Monday, August 21, 2006

Too Small a Thing

"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth." [Isaiah 49:6 NIV]

Father, you tell us it is not enough for us to simply restore your people, though they need restoration. They have been exiled from you to lands ruled by foriegn gods of comfort, money, success, status, security, consumerism, and many more terrible idols. While it is our call to serve you by restoring and bringing your people back, you have more in mind for us. You intend to set us up as a light to draw in those who do not know you as either Father or God. You have destined us to carry freedom and life to the edges of the world.

In the world of my ambition, it would be enough to simply make the church a better place. Who applauds religious efforts, but the religious? But you are not willing to leave me with this small thing. You would use me as polished arrow, hidden in your quiver, until launched to spread your reality in the world. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home