dailydraught

Friday, July 07, 2006

Your Time

To everything there is a season. A time to wait and a time to take action. A time of rest and a time of great struggle. Teach me, Jesus, about your time. I am tempted to make things happen. I want results and inaction feels like condemnation. But you are always in the Father's time, cooperating with his will, plan, and provision. You are seemless -- One -- moving together in the same motion.

But perhaps, when you teach me about your time, you will not tell me of all the things past nor all that is to come. Nor will you tell me how to know the seasons. Instead, you will incline my heart to listen and simply be in the moment you have given me. I am so finite, it is enough for me to live each moment to its fullness, as you did Brother, Friend. Call my soul to match your hours and the rhythm of your life. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home