dailydraught

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Israel

We are the new Israel -- the new people "who wrestle with God." Remind me of this, O God, so I will not be surprised when faith is not easy. When we pray and pray but see no answer. When all those we love and feel compassion for receive no help and fall. When believing is not reasonable and not even desirable. When you seem vengeful, or angry, or inflexible, or far away.

Remind us that your own Son even wrestled with your will in the Garden before the cross. He was not so divine that he did not struggle to find wisdom in your plan or power in your ways. And yet he was not so human as to give up in that dark hour. It was the wrestling that both humbled him and brought him into your glory.

So teach me Jesus, to wrestle with the Father. Teach me to wrestle with trusting him and seeing him. Teach me to wrestle for my family, my community, and the city. And though I may walk with a limp afterwards, I will be changed, for all who hold on to God refusing to let go until they receive their blessing find it. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home