dailydraught

Friday, June 23, 2006

Audible Father

You are the God who spoke, and the world was created. You are the God who speaks to your people. You are the Word made flesh, who dwelt among us. Never let me forget, Father, that you are a God who speaks. The universe is a poem; a song sung to our souls. And all life is a dialogue, the first verses spoken by you. How will we answer as we live in this reality which is the conversation of humanity and its Maker?

Once you told me, through a woman who could see hidden things, that there was a cup within me that could be offered for to many thirsty and hurting people. So it is my destiny to be forever poured out into the lives of others, just as you pour yourself into me. Now, through the mouth of another, you remind me again, that Solomon was given much more than he asked because he requested wisdom to rule your people. So would you be pleased if I asked for wisdom and strength to serve your people, to feed your sheep? Would you give me more than I ask for?

Since you have spoken this to me, how will I answer? What will be the reply to what you have told me? May it be that I serve your children, always filling my cup from eternal springs and passing it on to the thirsty.

You spoke also to my sister. She was tied and tormented by the thought of another's suffering. For long -- too long -- she has labored in prayer and though for this friend, but nothing came of it. So she begged to have this woman banished from her mind and heart. But instead, you brought to her mind your word:

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. (Hab. 3:17-19 NIV)

Although this came to mind, she did not know its meaning. But you showed it to her during the day as the long lost and wandering friend unexpectedly came seeking her, and again as you spoke through unexpected sources. The meaning was this: regardless of the fruit the tree produces, we sow to you, so we can always have joy regardless to the results. If we do so, you will be the strength that carries us above ingratitude and anxiety.

May we never forget what you have said to us. Write it on our minds and in our hearts. And teach us to be diligent and faithful to your word as you are faithful to it. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home