dailydraught

Sunday, June 18, 2006

No Escape

Where can I go to escape you?
From the depths of the earth itself to the edge of the universe,
Where could I go to hide from your gaze?
Who could I be that you would not know me?
Is there any place where you cannot find me?

There was a time when I could descend into this black heart of mine.
But you have removed my heart of stone,
And replaced it with flesh.
Now you dwell there, always waiting for me.
Even there in my inner most parts you find me.

You are inescapable.
There is no place where I cannot face you, living God.
And there are times when I would rather not know you.
There are parts of my that cannot withstand your scrutiny.
In intamacy I am vulnerable and ashamed.
So what comfort do I have?

Just this:
From now on I am never alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home